You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Imam Tahir Anwar’ category.
- Duas are very powerful; they are conversations between you and Allah.
- Raise your hands and communicate to Him. We have many needs, we need to ask Allah.
- Never mention anyone’s faults in front of them, by doing so you hurt their feelings and doing it behind their back is backbiting.
- Don’t pry on other people and ask their affairs, they may be forced to lie because they didn’t want to tell you in the first place!
- When someone tells you a secret, keep it that way, it’s an amanah (trust)
- Slander is haram (forbidden). Focus on the good that people have and not their faults. If you feel speaking evil of someone, then think that you have faults as well so focus on them. Higher level is not even allowing your heart to think bad/evil about someone.
- As well as inheriting good, we can also inherit bad from them so be careful with the company you chose to keep.
- Never say no to others when giving charity; even if it is a little bit, Allah never says NO to you when you ask!
- Life is a journey; we go through different states. People have different spiritual states. We need to learn how to dislike the sin not the sinner. Never let them feel you are judgemental.
- Allah gives you the tawfiq to repent; so when you repent, know that Allah is going to forgive you.
- When someone comes and apologise to you, accept their apology!
- Rights with Allah is easy; when you do something wrong, you ask for His forgiveness. When you wrong others, you need to ask them for their forgiveness.
- Dress nicely for Allah when you pray, go to a masjid etc. You dress nicely so others notice you, but dress nicely for Allah. Dressing nicely but humbly at the same time. You should feel comfortable in good clothes in public
- Little good manners is better then a lot of good actions
- Retail therapy is not therapy, it is a disease!
- Haya (modesty) is in the heart; our physical movement is what attracts us to the opposite gender.
- When you are sincere in giving a gift to someone, the recipient will value and treasure it due to your sincerity, regardless of what the gift actually is.
- If you are the youngest, remain silent in front of elders.
- Never interrupt people when they are talking!
- Do not sit amongst sinning people and do not sleep where people are talking.
- A promise is a responsibility so fulfil promises you make.
- Manners are based on common sense.
- Be around good people and good people will teach you good things; be around bad people and you will pick up bad things.
- When travelling, wherever you stop, pray 2 rakats so that place testifies for you on the day of Judgement, and it won’t be you reminding Allah but that place reminding Allah that you prayed here.
- There are very few people in this world who want you to succeed more than themselves, and among them are your parents. Even if your parents are wrong, don’t argue with them. Allah is watching every argument. If you please your parents, you will succeed in life.
- Pray for your departed loved ones; Prayers for the dead are on the same footing as gifts for the living.
- Pray for your brothers and sisters. When you pray for your brother, an angel replies, ‘and for you the same.’ It’s like buy one, get one free deal!
- When an elder member dies, it means one of your doors of duas is closed so when they are alive, build your relationship with them and seek their duas.
~ Imam Tahir Anwar– ‘Adab- Virtuous Character and Conduct’ Class, Rihla 2011, Bursa, Turkey (Quotes above are paraphrased)
More gems to follow inshaAllah ta’Ala……
(Photos courtesy- Rihla Student Please keep them in your prayers. Please do not re-use or save the photo without permission. )